County Cinema

114 Kings Highway,
Fairfield, CT 06825

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 2 comments

barrygoodkin
barrygoodkin on August 2, 2009 at 3:05 pm

The theatre opened as the Brooklawn on June 2, 1937. Leonard Asheim was the architect. It was remodelled as reopened as the County on October 5, 1961. It closed in March 1989 and was converted for commercial use.

kencmcintyre
kencmcintyre on May 17, 2009 at 11:01 pm

The Brooklawn was showing Hungarian films in 1958, according to this ad in the Bridgeport Post:
http://tinyurl.com/ojofyl