Chausse de Jette 241,
No one has favorited this theater yet
This was one of the oldest cinemas in Molenbeek with the Leopold Cinema and Prado Cinema(later Kinox). It opened in 1912, first named Vieux Duc Cinema until 1934 when Mr Houssa opened the Movy(now Movy Club, which is still in activty), he renamed it also Movy Cinema in the same year. In the 1950’s and 1960’s like the one in Forest it had two programmes a week but sometimes it showed films together with the Ideal Cinema like “Les Tricheurs” in 1959, or “West Side Story” with the Crystal Cinema in Molenbeek in the same week as Marignan Cinema in Saint Josse and the Erasme Cinema in Anderlecht.
The Movy Cinema was third run in Brussels after Ambassador Cinema, Piron Cinema and Beaux Arts Cinema. It closed in 1967 now a community center and church of Les Temoins de Jehovah(Jehovah’s Witnesses). The building has been sub-divided horizontally, with the former circle extended, to form a seperate room.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater