Rue Haute 161,
No one has favorited this theater yet
This was the third cinema of the central Marolles quarter after the Rialto Cinema(also known as Minerva) and the Raf Cinema(former Blaes and Iris).
This cinema was located 161 Rue Haute and opened in 1938 by the Rahm circuit. In 1939 “The Adventures of Robin Hood” and Walt Disney’s “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” were shown concurrent with the Dixy Cinema in Saint-Gilles. It was an all family cinema, and in September 1958 “Jailhouse Rock was shown. In 1962, Stanley Kubrick’s "Spartacus” was shown in the same week as the Bristol Cinema in Saint Gilles, Leopold Palace in Etterbeek and Century Cinema and Marignan Cinema in Saint Josse one week after the Filmac.
It closed at the end of 1964 and one of the last films shown there was “Cleopatra”. After being a supermarket for a long time it is now a retail space of antiques.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater