Magic Bag Theatre
22920 Woodward Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened in 1921 as the Ferndale Theatre, this 425-seat theater was renamed the Studio North in 1961. Not long after it switched its name, it began screen art house and independent films, which continued until around 1976. It then switched to adult films. For years, its owners, the city of Ferndale and Oakland County were involved in legal battles, over charges of prostitution as well as various other charges, and in 1989, the city of Ferndale finally succeded in shutting the Studio North down.
In 1991, after an extensive renovation, which also reduced the theater’s seating to 300, it reopened as the Magic Bag Theatre, which features concerts as well as “brew ‘n’ view”-style movie screenings.
The theatre had an ownership change and remodel in April 1996 and was remodeled once again in 2005. The 2005 remodel expanded the lobby, remade and expanded the bar area and remade and expanded the bathrooms.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater