Plaza Theater

248 Jackson Street,
Sandusky, OH 44870

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 1 comment

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on March 11, 2011 at 12:50 am

Moving Picture World of July 24, 1915, mentions the Plaza Theatre and John Himmelein. The house was originally called the Ivanhoe Theatre:

“The Ivanhoe theater, of Sandusky, recently constructed by Charles L. Blatz, has been brought under the control of John A. Himmelein, owner of the Sandusky and other houses, and its name has been changed to the Plaza. The house operated for a short time as a vaudeville theater, but the plan of the new management, it is understood. Is to show feature films only. It is being redecorated throughout, and will be one of the handsomest theaters in that part of Ohio.”