Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre
508 S. Main Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The city of Moscow, with a population of 18,500, is the home of the University of Idaho.
The Kenworthy was opened in 1926 by Milburn Kenworthy as a vaudeville and silent movie house and it later became a first-run theater during Hollywood’s golden age.
A 1949 remodeling with a new facade and marquee brought the theater up-to-date for its role as Moscow’s finest showplace.
After finishing its lease with Carmike Cinemas in the late 80s, it was given by the Kenworthy family to the Moscow Community Theater.
In 1999 the Kenworthy Performing Arts Centre, Inc. was created to oversee its restoration and operation. In late 2000, after a major renovation, it began to show classic movies and stage live theater productions by the Moscow Community Theater.
While undergoing restoration, the Kenworthy will be available for use by the community and at times open for viewing to the public. The Kenworthy is next door to the Nuart, another classic theater, and in November of 2001 both theaters were placed on The National Register of Historic Places.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater