Majestic Theatre

North Fifth Street and Lincoln Avenue,
Hebron, NE 68370

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Majestic Theatre

Viewing: Photo | Street View

The original 300-seat Majestic Theatre was operating prior to 1941 and was destroyed by a tornado in 1953. A new Majestic Theatre was built and opened in January 1954, with seating for 500, all on a single level. Unfortunately whatever distinctive features the original auditorium might have had are either lost or covered with draping when it was split down the centre in the late-1970’s to create a twin cinema.

Contributed by John Coursey

Recent comments (view all 3 comments)

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on September 25, 2009 at 3:41 am

The original Majestic Theatre at Hebron was destroyed, along with most of Hebron’s other major buildings, when the town was swept by a tornado in the summer of 1953. The opening of the rebuilt house eight months later was noted by Boxoffice Magazine’s issue of January 23, 1954. A small photo of the new Majestic accompanied the article. The theater was owned at that time by Harold Struve.

At the time of its destruction by the tornado, the Majestic had been in operation since at least 1920. An item about then-owner Arthur H. Records which appeared in Boxoffice of July 15, 1944, said that Records had owned the Majestic for 24 years.

Mr. A.H. Records of Hebron, Nebraska, was listed among purchasers of Reproducto Player Pipe Organs in an ad for Jenkins & Sons Music Company of Kansas City, published in the September 18, 1926, issue of The Reel Journal.

rivest266
rivest266 on December 27, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Is this closed? no showtimes anywhere online for this theatre. If is still open, where’s the listings for it?

Tinseltoes
Tinseltoes on August 31, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Lovingly described in this lengthy 1939 trade article: Boxoffice

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment

Subscribe Want to be emailed when a new comment is posted about this theater?
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater