1299 Pennsylvania Avenue NW,
11 people favorited this theater
A grand movie palace in the nation’s capital, the Earle Theatre was opened on December 27, 1924 presenting Keith vaudeville. It had a seating capacity for 2,240 and was equipped with a Kimball 3 manual, 10 rank organ. Fronted by a ten-story office building, there was a 1,500-seat roof garden and a ballroom in the basement. It was taken over by the Stanley Company in 1928 and later that year became part of Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp. It was renamed Warner Theatre in 1947. It was closed for two years from 1971. It was taken over by a new operator and reopened in 1973 screening X-Rated movies and live soul music concerts. In 1977 it began presenting stage shows and concerts
Following a $10 million renovation in the summer of 1992, its grand lobby, balconies and large auditorium make it one of the crowning jewels of DC. Movies, sadly, are no longer exhibited at the Warner Theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater