No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Petts Wood, to the North of Orpington, today part of the southest of Greater London. Prior to its opening, films had been shown in a local hall. The Embassy Theatre was opened on 12th October 1936 with Ronald Colman in "Tale of Two Cities". It was built for and operated by the Shipman and King Circuit.
The exterior was in brick, with white stone trimmings, and the name EMBASSY was set in stone, centrally placed over the first floor cafe windows.
Inside the auditorium, there were recessed coves across the ceiling which contained concealed lighting. There were large decorative panels on the splay walls each side of the proscenium.
In 1967, the Shipman and King Circuit were taken over by the Grade Brothers, and soon became part of EMI. Merged into the ABC Cinemas chain, the Embassy Cinema was closed on 14th April 1973 with "Snoopy Come Home" and "Mighty Mouse Playhouse". It was demolished and the site was redeveloped, with a parade of shops with flats above, known as Chatsworth Parade.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater