714 Main Street,
1 person favorited this theater
The Watts Theatre was opened on February 16, 1950 by the Jim Watts family, with a showing of "Dancing in the Dark." The 44 by 132 foot building was designed and built as a state-of-the-art theater and included 676 seats, all on a single level, and there were living quarters provided upstairs for the Watts family. Initially, the Watts Theatre was equipped with a small electronic organ, which was located on the right-hand side of the proscenium, and it was played before and after the shows.
In 1994 Paul and Gloria Bunge purchased the building (which had been closed and stripped of all its equipment and seating) and restored it to its previous glory, including new heating and air conditioning, new projection equipment and a new sound system. The Bunges widened the aisles, left more room between rows, and installed 364 new seats designed for the building.
On June 14, 1994, the theater was reopened, again showing "Dancing in the Dark".
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater