1400 Fulton Street,
10 people favorited this theater
The Pantages Theatre opened on October 20, 1928. Built for and operated by Alexander Pantages, this massive building takes up an entire city block in downtown Fresno, CA. It is equipped with a Robert Morton theatre pipe organ. In 1929 it was taken over by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp. and renamed Warner’s Theatre. In December 1962 it was converted into a Cinerama theatre, opening on December 21, 1962 with “This Is Cinerama” and played Cinerama feature movies until December 1968.
In 1973 it was threatened with demolition and was purchased by theatre organ enthusiast Frank Caglia who renamed it Warnors Theatre (due to copyright of the Warner name). By 1987 it had been renovated to the plans of Seattle based architect Richard F. McCann, a successor to the Priteca firm, retaining all the original features of the building. Upon the death of Frank Caglia in 2006, the theatre passed to a non-profit operation and is a performing arts venue.
It was placed on the Register of Historic Places in 1978.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater