No one has favorited this theater yet
The 650-seat Pavillion Cinema was built some time prior to 1920 on the Promenade sea front at Barmouth by Barmouth Pavillion Ltd. Shows were continuous in summer months only and prices were 9d to 1/6d. The proscenium was 24 feet widfe, stage 22 feet deep and there were two dressing rooms provided. The sound era was entered with an A.W.H. sound system, when shows were continuous from 6pm with three changes of programme per week. Prices were now 6d to 1/6d. The Pavillion Cinema had a cafe for the convenience of its patrons.
CinemaScope was installed in 1956 on a 25 feet wide screen and seating fell to 504 patrons. At the same time a British Thomson Houston sound system replaced the A.W.H. system. The Pavillion Cinema was still open in 1966, but had closed by 1980. It has beed demolished and a car parking lot now occupies an extended site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater