Rita Theatre

207 E. Tyler Avenue,
Longview, TX 75601

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 1 comment

dallasmovietheaters
dallasmovietheaters on January 5, 2018 at 7:54 am

The new Rita Theatre launched August 18, 1934 on a thirty year lease. The theatre survived into the TV age likely opting out of its final ten years on the lease. It closed on May 31, 1954 with a double feature of “New Faces” and “Two for the Record” and a Bugs Bunny cartoon. In 1957, the YMCA had been permitted use of the building. It was demolished in November of 1964.