Orpheum Theatre

S. 18th Street & Broadway Avenue,
Parsons, KS 67357

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 3 comments

Joe Vogel
Joe Vogel on September 28, 2012 at 9:16 am

The Elks Theatre opened on December 22, 1904. It was located at S. 18th Street and Broadway Avenue. In 1914, it became the Orpheum Theatre. The Orpheum operated until it was destroyed by fire on December 20, 1939. It was never rebuilt. There is now a hotel on its site.

There are a couple of photos in Parsons, by David Mattox and Mike Brotherton (Google Books preview.)

Ret. AKC (NAC) CCC Bob Jensen, Manteno, Illinois
Ret. AKC (NAC) CCC Bob Jensen, Manteno, Illinois on July 6, 2010 at 3:00 pm

ARCHITECTS:

BOLLER BROTHERS

AKA:

NEW ELKS

Open 1904-1925?

Need an address, more info and more photos.

DonLewis
DonLewis on July 2, 2010 at 3:08 am

From Parsons a picture postcard view of the Elks Theater.