855 Penniman Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Built for Kate Penniman-Allen in 1918 and commonly known as the P & A, this theater could seat around 600, but was equipped with everything a large movie palace would contain, including a large stage, orchestra pit, and an organ. Penniman-Allen also ran an adjancent dance hall.
In the early 20s, she raised the ire of many of the citizens of conservative Plymouth when she stated that she wanted to begin showing films on Sundays.
In the 40s, the P & A was operated by Harry Lush, who also operated another P & A in Northville, as well as the Penn, just down the street from the P & A in Plymouth. In the late 50s and early 60s, the Hohler family, which also owned the Farmington Civic, ran the P & A (and also the P & A in Northville).
Starting in the early 60s, it was known as the Plymouth Art, and screened foreign and industrial features.
In 1968, the theater was destroyed in a fire.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater