2 Farmside Place,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Electric Picture Palace was located just off Stockport Road in Farmside Place. It opened in 1911, with a seating capacity of 1,050. Within a year, the capacity had been increased to 1,200. It had a 20 feet wide proscenium. Later known as the Levenshulme Cinema, in 1932, it was taken over by the H.D.M. Circuit operated by the H.D. Moorhouse Circuit. It was re-named Palace Cinema in 1937, and it remained under the control of H.D.M. Circuit until 1956.
Taken over by independent operators it was refurbished and re-opened as the New Palace Cinema in June 1957, it remained open until closing as the Palace Cinema on 1st March 1983. The last operators were the the Snape Circuit and the final film was "ET".
The building was converted into the Palace Nightclub. In around 2006, it was converted into an Asian banquet hall and restaurant named Al-Waalis
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater