308 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Harborne district of southwest Birmingham, at the corner of High Street and Greenfield Road. The Royalty Cinema was opened on 20th October 1930 with Maurice Chevalier in "The Love Parade". It was built for and operated by the local independent Selly Oak Pictures Ltd.
The Royalty Cinema was taken over by the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain in March 1935. ABC closed the cinema on 2nd November 1963 with Cliff Robertson in "P.T.109". It was converted into an Alpha Bingo Club (operated by ABC) and later a Mecca Bingo Club. In 2010 it was operating as a Gala Bingo Club. It closed around 2012. The empty building suffered a minor fire in November 2017, and again at 4am on the morning of September 19, 2018 when a major fire all but destroyed the building.
In the summer of 2011, the Royalty Cinema was designated a Grade II Listed building by English Heritage.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater