109 W. State Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
On November 23, 1974, The Redlands Daily Facts published a photo of the Loma Theatre’s demolition, in preparation for the construction of the Redlands Mall.
Here is a time line from the archives of the Daily Facts about the Loma:
1912—It Opened as the Empress Theatre.
1923—The name was changed to the Liberty.
1920’s—Theater came under control of the West Coast Junior circuit.
1940—It Reopened as the State Theatre.
1943—Because of high wartime theater attendance it was remodeled by West Coast Theatres and reopened as the Loma.
1949—The Loma was closed and used as for storage.
1958— The Loma Theatre was remodeled into a furniture store.
In the mid-1920’s The Liberty Theatre advertised in the LA times along with the local Majestic Theatre under the West Coast Theatre banner. The city building inspector closed the Majestic Theatre in December of 1928, just before the opening of the circuit’s flagship, the West Coast Junior Theatre in 1928. Another Redlands landmark, the 1,500-seat Wyatt Theatre was leased by the West Coast Junior Circuit but it appears its use was limited mainly to vaudeville and stage productions.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater