2 people favorited this theater
The Odeon opened on 17th December 1936. It was located next to Falmouth Magistrates Court(now Remedies Bar) on the site of a former brewery in Killigrew Street. It was one of the original Oscar Deutsch chain of Odeon Theatres Ltd.
The entire facade was clad in cream faiance tiles, and on the right of the entrance was a rounded feature, which contained a slim fin feature, that contained the Odeon name on top. Inside the auditorium seating was provided in a semi-stadium plan, with a raised stepped section at the rear. There were 707 seats in the stalls and 441 in the circle. The decorative scheme was very simple and there were four-lay lights running the length of the ceiling.
The Odeon was one of a group sold by the Rank Organisation to Classic Cinemas in December 1967. It was immediately re-named Classic Cinema from 10th December 1967. The Classic Cinema was closed on 3rd May 1970. It was demolished later in 1976, and the site of the former cinema is now occupied by a Tesco Metro supermarket.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater