17360 Lahser Road,
11 people favorited this theater
This 1928 Detroit neighborhood house was built to resemble a Japanese outdoor garden theater. The theater was opened by the Kunsky chain on January 27, 1928, with a seating capacity of 2,051. It was purchased by the Goldberg family in 1931 as part of their Community Theaters circuit.
The Motor City chapter of the American Theatre Organ Society took over operation of the Redford Theatre in 1974, and purchased the building in 1977. Since that time the all volunteer staff has run it as a classic films/rental/stage show/organ concert venue. Much of the original Japanese Atmospheric style decor was altered in past decades, and the MCTOS have been working for many years to re-create what was lost.
Recently the theater has a new computerized light board and new historically accurate seats. Restoration is continuing as funds and time permit. The classic film series shows a different film every other weekend.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater