Rue Belanger at 9th Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Montrose Theatre was located in one of Montreal’s larger neighborhood shopping areas. It was part of a building housing four shops and eleven apartments.
This was the first theatre in the city to be built especially with CinemaScope in mind, and was fully equipped with a 46 foot wide screen and a full stereophonic sound system.
One of the outstanding features of the theatre was the large vertical sign with each letter of the theatre name being circled in neon.
The Montrose Theatre had a seating capacity of 950. The seats were green plush backs with leather bottoms in a pumpkin color and the metal parts painted blue. The projection and sound equipment was of the latest design and capable of showing all of the new film processes at that time.
The owner, operator at the time of opening in 1954 was Donta Corp. The architect was R. & G. Charbonneau. The cost of building the theatre was $480,000. The theatre sat on a lot measuring 127' x 130'. The Montrose Theatre closed in 1983.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater