370 Farnham Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Farnham Royal district of Slough at the corner of Farnham Road and Essex Avenue. The Ambassador Cinema was opened on 17th February 1936 with Clark Gable in "China Seas" and Shirley Grey in "The Girl Who Came Back. It was operated by the London & Southern Super Cinemas Ltd. chain. Seating was provided for 928 in the stalls and 387 in the circle.
In July 1937, London & Southern Super Cinemas were taken over by the Oscar Deutsch chain of Odeon Theatres Ltd. Unusually, the Ambassador Cinema was never re-named ‘Odeon’.
Eventually passing with all Odeon and Gaumont operated theatres to the Rank Organisation, the Ambassador Cinema was closed on 10th February 1968. It was converted into a Top Rank Bingo Club. It has since been demolished and an MFI hardware store was built on the site, which in 2002 became a GFE electrical store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater