93 Central Promenade,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on Central Promenade, opposite the Central Pier. The Central Beach Cinema was opened on 17th May 1913. In around 1920, it was re-named Trocadero Cinema.
It was closed in 1927, and taken over by the local Fylde Cinemas chain. Showing films and occasional variety shows, it closed again in 1929.
Taken over by the Union Cinemas chain in 1935, it was re-named Ritz Cinema which re-opened on 23rd June 1935 with Joan Blondell in “Dames”. When Union Cinemas chain crashed in 1937, unlike all their other cinemas which were taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC), the Ritz Cinema was taken over by J.F. Emery Circuit. It was closed again by 1939.
Fylde Cinemas chain took over again in 1947, reopening as the New Ritz Cinema, later becoming the Ritz Cinema again.
The Ritz Cinema was closed in 1971, and became a cafe, and a discotheque in the basement. Today it operates as an amusement arcade, with a bier keller in the basement.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater