AMC Fire Tower 12
1685 East Fire Tower Road,
1 person favorited this theater
The Carmike 12 Cinemas in Greenville opened as a first-run multiplex on August 7, 1998 following two “preview nights” showing second-run films for a $1 admission. The Carmike 12 is unusual in that it has only four stadium-seating auditoriums, with the other eight auditoriums having traditional slant-floor construction. The lobby has a marble floor, two concession stands and a video-game arcade; two more concession stands are located in the main corridor across from the stadium auditoriums (the four auditoriums on the rear of the building). The auditoriums are arranged in a U-shape wrapping around the lobby: four slant-floor screens on the left, four stadium screens on the rear, and four slant-floor screens on the right.
When the Carmike 12 opened, the Plaza Cinema 3 was immediately closed; the Park Theatre followed two weeks later. Eventually the Carmike 12 became Greenville’s only movie theater following the closure of the Buccaneer and Carolina East 4 theaters, and would remain so until 2007.
The opening of the competing Greenville Grande Stadium 14 Cinemas took some of Carmike’s business away, but the congested traffic of Greenville’s thoroughfares has probably kept residents of the southeastern side of Greenville (and Winterville) choosing the Carmike 12 over the Greenville Grande.
It was taken over by AMC in January 2017.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater