Studio 1 & 2
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Surrey town of Farnham, south of London. The Regal Cinema was opened on 31st March 1933 with Jessie Matthews in “The Good Companions”. It was built for and operated by the County Cinemas chain. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels.
In September 1939 it was taken over by the Oscar Deutch chain of Odeon Theatres Ltd., although it retained its Regal Cinema name until 21st October 1962, when it was re-named Odeon.
From 3rd February 1971 it was re-named Cinema and it was taken over by the Leeds based Star Cinemas chain on 17th July 1971, when it closed for eight weeks for conversion into a twin cinema & bingo operation. The two 114-seat cinemas were in the former circle, while the 700-seat bingo club operated from the former stalls area. The cinemas were known as Studio 1 & 2.
It was taken over by the Cannon-Classic chain on 20th August 1985, but was closed suddenly on 13th September 1985 with “Desperately Seeking Susan” and “Turk 186”. The building stood empty and unused until 1987, when it was demolished. The site was still an empty plot of land in 2004.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater