191 Bordesley Green East,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Bordesley Green district east of Birmingham city centre, at the corner of Bordesley Green East and Little Bromwich Road. The Ritz Cinema was opened on 7th November 1927 with Cedric Hardwicke in “Nelson” and Ivor Novello in “The Triumph of the Rat”. Inside the auditorium there was a large dome in the ceiling over the circle, and a large circular light fitting over the front stalls. Along the side-walls were painted panels depicting pastoral scenes.
It was taken over by Associated British Cinema(ABC) chain on 19th May 1930. Leading an uneventful life, the Ritz Cinema was closed on 29th September 1962 with Gene Barry in “The War of the Worlds” and Kirk Douglas in “Detective Story”.
It was converted into a bingo club, which remained open until the late-1980’s. The building was demolished around 1989/1990 and today an Aldi supermarket stands on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater