37 Camp Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the North Camp district of Farnborough, Hampshire. The Scala Cinema was opened on 14th November 1927. It was a red brick building, with stone dressings, designed by architect R.A. Briggs. It was built for Mr. C. Darby, who also owned the Avenue Electric Theatre on the opposite side of Camp Road. Seating in the Scala Cinema was provided for 537 in the stalls and 190 in the circle. It was originally equipped with rear projection, with the projection box located behind the screen.
It was taken over by the County Cinemas chain in 1937, and they built a projection box in the conventional position at the rear of the circle. County Cinemas were taken over by the Oscar Deutsch chain of Odeon Theatres Ltd. in September 1939, and they operated the Scala Cinema until it was closed on 27th October 1956.
It became a bingo club, and later a Laser Tag games centre. It is now in use as a Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater