197 London Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Hadleigh, Essex, to the west of Southend-on-Sea. The Kingsway Super Cinema was opened on 27th April 1936 by the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain. It was a takeover of a cinema planned by the Lou Morris chain.
Seating was provided on a stadium plan, with a raised stepped section at the rear of the auditorium, rather than an overhanging balcony. The cinema was equipped with a Compton 3Manual/6Ranks organ with a Melotone unit. It also had a cafe for the convenience of its patrons. ABC closed the Kingsway Cinema on 20th December 1958.
It was closed for a year, then re-opened under independent management on 7th December 1959. As well as films, bingo, wrestling and concerts were also held in the building. The Kingsway Cinema was closed in 1970. It was soon demolished and a supermarket was built on the site. In 1999, it became a Lookers Land Rover car showroom.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater