Theatre De Luxe

Railway Street,
Nelson, BB9

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 1 comment

HJHill
HJHill on October 19, 2014 at 7:18 am

This was Nelson’s first purpose-built cinema, opening 29 August 1910. It was of corrugated iron and wood; and accommodated 500 on benches with stoves for heating. After management changes and periods dark, it finally closed on 13 April 1940, having been refused a licence renewal because of the dangerous state of the building for use as a cinema. It was demolished and a nursery/primary school erected on the site.