No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Manningham district of Bradford at the corner of Carlisle Road and Carlisle Street. The Marlboro' Cinema was opened on 28th November 1921 with Shirley Mason in “Love’s Harvest” and “The Church on Over Shot Wheel”. It was independently operated by Milton Moulson. The corner entrance of the building is topped by a hexagonal dome feature which originally contained back-lit windows.
In 1950 it had been taken over by the Leeds based. Star Cinemas chain. The Marlboro' Cinema was closed on 10th October 1962 with Eva Bartok in “Madeleine” and Charles Aznavour in “The Young have no Morals”. It was converted into a Star Bingo Club, which closed in 1968, when the operation was transfered to the former Elite Cinema.
The Marlboro' Cinema then re-opened as the Liberty Cinema, screening Asian (Bollywood) films, which continued until 1982. The building then became a mattress warehouse, and the balcony was removed. On 7th July 2000, after a refurbishment, it re-opened as a 400-seat cinema, screening Asian films again.
On 8th January 2001, the entrance foyer, and front upper levels of the building were badly damaged in an arson attack. Repairs were carried out and in recent years it has been used as a banquet hall for Asian weddings, but this was closed in January 2009, due to a breach of Licencing regulations.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater