1136 W. Wilson Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
More Photos of This Theater
Here’s the “other” Clifton Theatre pictured in 1910. In 1909, the pictured Clifton Theatre opened at 3522 W. 26th St. close to the Homan Theatre. It was rebranded as the Little Bohemia Theatre briefly in 1917 and was closed. It has been demolished. In this picture, owner Ernie Grohe is pictured with a customer going to see “A Cattle Rustler’s Daughter.” His main competition was Harry Ascher’s neighboring Homan Theatre at that time.
Chicago had the Windsor-Clifton Theatre inside of the Windsor-Clifton Hotel at Monroe and Wabash from around 1904 to 1910. The Hotel predates and post-dates that.
No one has favorited this photo yet