No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Chatham, Kent. Built up Fullaghars Yard off the High Street for the Croneen family, it was one of three Invictas Cinema’s they operated in the Medway towns. Opened on 7th February 1916 and had a 30 feet wide proscenium. It was soon to have a Woolworths store on its immediate left. H and W.G. Croneen sold this Invicta Cinema to J.H. Canvin in April, 1929. Films lasted until 1939 from when the Church Army used the cinema, but after the war it became a warehouse then an indoor market.
In 1962 Gerry Cameron spent £20,000 fitting out the Invicta Cinema for entertainment again, but wrestling, ballroom dancing and bingo, not films. The Rolling Stones were booked in March 1964. However bingo was most viable and Mrs Cameron sold the cinema to Coral. They persevered until March 1985. Bingo in the Ritz Cinema was more lucrative for Coral, so the Invicta Cinema was demolished in 1987.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater