1310 Brunswick Avenue,
1 person favorited this theater
The RKO Brunswick Theater was built during WW II (1942) on the edge of the city limits in the North Trenton section near the Brunswick Circle. It remained a single theater throughout its run and closed simultaneously with the Trent and Lincoln Theaters when RKO pulled out of central NJ in October, 1972.
The theater featured art and foreign movies in the 1960’s, second-run and double features in the 1970’s. Eventually, X-rated films were featured. The City of Trenton became an unlikely owner when back taxes were not paid.
There was no theater organ. The building was set back about 35 feet from the street and feature a stand-alone sign rather than a standard marquee afixed to the building.
The theater closed in the early-1980’s and was demolished in 1996. A nursing home was built on the grounds. Several sconces, seats, and part of the facade were removed before its demolition.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater