17 Peter Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Bristol City Centre on Peter Street at Castle Green. Originally on this site was the Queen’s Hall of 1910, which became the Queen’s Picture House in 1915. The News Theatre was designed by Bristol cinema architect William Henry Watkins in a futuristic Art Deco style, which features a tower over the entrance which was faced with black tiles and featured three stainless steel vertical bands, and the main façade was covered with black and green alabaster glass tiles. It was built for Jacey Cinemas (their first newsreel theatre outside of London). It was opened on 22nd December 1933. All seating was on a single floor. It was equipped with a British Thomson Houston(BTH) sound system.
In later years occasional feature films were screened. The News Theatre was closed on 15th April 1956, and was demolished in 1959. The site is now part of Castle Car Park.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater