5467 Moran Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Zellah Theatre was opened prior to 1926 when it was listed with 385 seats. Around 1942 it was renamed Moran Theatre. Seated 346 according to its listing in The Film Daily Yearbook’s of 1950-1951. Was operated as of 1949 by Felix L. Goletz.
When Googling the address, many modern phone directory listings come up identifying it as the St Paul Missionary Baptist Church and the Google street view shows an old building (that looks like it was a theatre, meaning the theatre building most likely existed as of that Googlemobile passing) with a professional sign stating the above noted church name hanging from the front however nothing but these basic listings shows up on Google when searching that church name and address-there are no websites, social media pages,etc. The phone number is still in service as of 04/06/14 however it goes to a generic voicemail that states nothing but the number.
The neighborhood, again, judging from the Google street view, seems to be in a very blighted area with most neighboring (and every building across the street) having been demolished and the theatre (church) being one of the few remaining. Considering this as well as Detroit rapidly demolishing unused buildings in blighted areas these days, there is some chance that the church closed/relocated and/or the theatre has been demolished since the Googlemobile’s last visit.
Some more research and info about this theatre, particularly regarding its current status, would be extremely helpful.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater