6126 Hollywood Boulevard,
19 people favorited this theater
Opened as the Carter DeHaven Music Box Theatre on 20th October 1926, this theatre went through several owners and corresponding name changes. It became a radio studio theatre in 1936, then returned to legitimate theatre use as the Music Box Theatre in the early-1940’s.
Before being renamed as the Henry Fonda Theatre, it went over to screening movies and was re-named the Fox Theatre (not to be confused with the Fox Theatre at Hollywood Boulevard and Wilcox Avenue, which was the old Iris Theatre) and then the Pix Theatre.
When the theatre was still known as the Pix Theatre, it had a really nice neon marquee. The Pix Theatre was the movie house that premiered “Jaws” on Hollywood Boulevard in 1975. A year later they showed “Rocky”. Not a very large theatre but it showed many blockbuster’s in the 1970’s before becoming a live venue named the Heny Fonda Theatre.
In recent years it has come under new management (leased from the Nederlander Organisation) and presents concerts, live performances and special events and was known as the Henry Fonda Music Box Theatre.
In 2007, a restoration was begun to bring it back to its 1926 appearance, and it was renamed The Music Box @ Fonda. In 2010, it reverted back to its original Music Box Theatre name. It was closed suddenly in early-January 2012, but by April 2014 has since re-opened as the Fonda Theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater