919 Beaufort Street,
1 person favorited this theater
The Piccadilly Picture Gardens was built and opened in 1926. The Civic Theatre opened on the corner of the site on 23rd March 1936 with Ralph Bellamy in “Air Hawks”. The venue referred as either the Civic Theatre and Gardens, or as the Civic Theatre and Piccadilly Gardens. The Civic Theatre had 932 seats and the Gardens had 1,004 seats. They were closed in 1962, and in 1969 the building was converted for use as the Civic Theatre Restaurant until the Civic Theatre Restaurant moved in December 1981 to a new venue(on Beaufort Street, just north of Bulwer Street(on the Easter side)). The Civic Theatre Restaurant closed on 7th January 2001, The Civic Theatre Restaurant building was sold and demolished and is now units.
The original Civic Theatre building is still there(no longer screening films), and is now a Airline Booking centre(Flight Centre), a art framer and gallery, and a hair salon. The Piccadilly Gardens have been demolished is now a house or units.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater