145 E. Pine Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on the north side of E. Pine Street at #145 or possibly #148, between Fremont Avenue and Sublette Avenue. Constructed in 1923 by John and Dave Wilson, Pinedale entrepreneurs responsible for much of the development of early Pinedale. After they built Wilson Hall, they held weekly hall dances where Dave played banjo and John played drums. The brothers also formed the Pinedale Dramatic Club and the Pinedale Minstrel Show to put on performances at Wilson Hall, and were responsible for bringing the first picture show to the community. It was a 46 by 100 foot “modern rustic” hall with a smoking room for men and rest room for ladies, maple hardwood floors and a rustic interior. The hall served as an important community center for decades hosting movies, plays, dances, fundraisers, musical shows,etc and by 1930, one could attend a movie each weekend that would be proceeded by a dance. A July 10th, 1926 story in the Pinedale Roundup was titles “Motion Picture Equipment installed at Wilson Hall”.
A February 3rd, 1938 article from The Pinedale Roundup was titled “Wilson Hall Remodled to be Mesa Theatre”.
In the 1960’s, a large decorative facade was added to the building which housed numerous businesses over the proceeding decades. In the 1990’s, it was demolished due to “poor insulation and aging structure”.
The Mesa Theatre was listed in the FDY of 1940 as seating 150. It was no longer listed in 1942.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater