138 Francis Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Tivoli Theatre (Official)
Architects: Vincent Kelly
Functions: Live Theatre
Previous Names: Tivoli Cinema
Located in the south of the city centre. The Tivoli Theatre was a replacement for an earlier Tivoli Theatre located on Burgh Quay, which had closed in May 1928. Built to the designs of architect Vincent Kelly with seating provided for 700. The Tivoli Theatre opened as a cine/variety theatre on 21st December 1934. In the late-1930’s it converted to full-time cinema use and was re-named Tivoli Cinema.
The Tivoli Cinema was closed in September 1964. It was converted into a nightclub, and a shop, finally re-opening as a live theatre in the early-2000’s and re-named Tivoli Theatre. In 2003 a planning application was lodged to demolished the Tivoli Cinema and build apartments and retail on the site, and to include a new theatre. Alterations to these plans were approved in April 2005, but the Tivoli Theatre is still open in 2015.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.