510 Flores Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opening June 30, 1933, the Tivoli Theatre was designed by W. Scott Dunne as a reconstruction of the Strand Theatre. The Strand Theatre had been part of Robb & Rowley Theatres, along with the Rialto Theatre and Royal Theatre, since 1924.
Sanborn Maps of 1909 show a roofless moving picture theatre at this site. According to the Laredo Times, the completely new Strand Theatre opened February 22, 1915.
The Abilene Reporter-News reported on June 17, 1937, that United Artists Theatres had purchased one-half interest in the Robb-Rowley chain. At the time R&R had 80 locations in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. At its peak the R&R circuit had 135 locations and was renamed Rowley United Theatres in 1951. Film Daily Year Book 1951 lists the Tivoli Theatre with 878 seats.
In 1968 Rowley United Theatres became a division of United Artists Theatres and the Tivoli Theatre closed in 1969.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater