22 Suffolk Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Kells, County Meath. The Savoy Cinema opened on 15th December 1936 with the film “Laughing Irish Eyes” with 500 seats in stalls and balcony. It was originally run by Tailteann Theatres and closed on 12th June 1982. One source states it had a brief spell as the Oscar Cinema.
It later became a carpet shop which has since closed and the building is on the market at the time of writing (early-2017). Cinema returned for two nights only in December 2013, to celebrate the 77th anniversary of the opening, when “The Polar Express” and “Miracle on 34th Street” were shown in the stalls. The inspiration for this came from the fact that the local vicinity was being spruced up by the Kells Local Heroes in order to attract more business to the town. Before the Savoy Cinema opened films had been shown at St Vincent’s Hall in the town.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater