204 South Broadway,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Midway Theatre was launched by grocery store operator Ed. C. McCullouch in Siloam Springs opening in 1911 at 204 St. Nicholas Avenue (now Broadway). The Midway Theatre was run by the Henry Brothers against the Lyric Theatre until 1918. In 1918, the Henry Brothers sold the theatre to G.W. Sherman who changed the name to the Rialto Theatre while the Lyric Theatre burned and was replaced by the Liberty Theatre.
During the 1920’s, the Rialto Theatre transferred from Sherman to E.D. Luna to J.J. Kriewitz to T. C. Killebrew who remodeled the Rialto Thetare in 1926 to include better air handling and a balcony increasing seat count. Killebrew closed the Rialto Theatre in January of 1930 for two months to equip it with RCA Photophone sound to keep the theatre relevant while the Liberty Theatre had closed.
In 1939, Killebrew launched the 550-seat Grand Theatre on Main Street retaining the Rialto Theatre. During World War II, on September 9, 1942, Killebrew would close the Rialto Theatre until after the War. After the War, a new theatre – the Spot Theatre – is built opening November 9, 1946. The three theatre town drops to two when – in March of 1948 – the Rialto Theatre suffered a major fire that ended its run. That left the Grand Theatre and The Spot Theatre for the Siloam Springs movie dollars.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater