No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Jagerhofspassage in the city centre. Opened on 26th November 1915 as the UT Hainstrasse with 580 seats. It was remodeled in November 1919 and the seating capacity was increased to 702. Equipped for sound films on 24th January 1929, it was remodeled again in September 1929 and the seating capacity was increased to 962.
In July 1945 it was taken over by the city of Leipzig and re-named Kino der Jugend. After a while it became a casino for the use of the Soviet military.
It re-opened as a cinema again in April 1951, re-named Filmtheater der Freundschaft. In 1980 it was restored, retaining many original decorative features.
In 1990 under new operators it was re-named Passage Kino. In 1997/1998 it was converted into four screens. Reopening on 1st October 1998 with a total of 592 seats. The screens are named after former Leipzig cinemas: Astoria with 234 seats, Universum with 155 seats, Wintergarten with 132 seats & Filmeck with 70 seats. On 12th December 2015 a 50-seat fifth screen named Casino was opened.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater