144 Wilmslow Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Rusholme district on the corner of Wilmslow Road and Moor Street (which does not exist today) and opposite Rusholme Grove. The Trocadero Picture Palace opened in August 1912, a conversion of the Rusholme Ice Rink. There was a narrow arched entrance with a corridor leading to the auditorium. All seating was on a single floor and the proscenium was 21ft wide. Around 1930 it was equipped with a British Talking Pictures(BTP) sound system, later changed to a British Acoustic(BA) sound system. It was closed for renovation in February 1963 and soon re-opened, operated by G.B. Snape Group of Assoc. Cinema Companies chain.
On the night of 15th September 1975 a fire broke out in the building, causing considerable damage. The films showing that week were Shirley Corrigan in “Around the World with Fanny Hill” and “The Case of the Smiling Stiff”. It never re-opened and was demolished in the late-1970’s.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater