Five Star Theater

1416 Main Street,
Palmer, MA 01069

Unfavorite No one has favorited this theater yet

Showing 3 comments

scotland2006
scotland2006 on March 31, 2010 at 12:44 am

It was also known as The Imperial Theatre for a short period before it closed.

rsalters (Ron Salters)
rsalters (Ron Salters) on March 7, 2007 at 4:20 pm

According to the MGM Theatre Photograph and Report form for the Strand Theatre on Maple St. in Palmer, “Five Star” was the new name of the old Palmer Theatre. The Report was written in 1941. Both the Strand and the Palmer theatres were once part of the Ralph Snider circuit of Boston. Or, another way to interpert the MGM Report is that the Palmer Theatre was closed in 1941 and the new Five Star Theatre opened. The Report is not clear on the matter- either the Palmer Theatre was renamed, or it was replaced by the new Five Star Theatre.