5717 North Broad Street,
3 people favorited this theater
The Grange Theater opened on Christmas Day, 1934 with 1,000 seats and was designed by architect LeRoy Berman Rothschild. It was located on North Broad Street, just north of Olney Avenue at Grange Street. It was the second address from the corner, with Esquire Drugs occupying the corner space just next to the marquee. By 1941, it was operated by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp. It showed 2nd run movies. By 1950 it was operated by William Goldman Theaters Inc.
In 1951, the Grange Theater was sold and renamed Esquire Theater. Budco Theatres closed it in 1979. The theater reopened briefly in 1981 by Rusty A. Miller, who also reopened the Benn Theater on Woodward Avenue and the 69th Street Theater in Upper Darby.
Since closing it has had several incarnations as retail stores including a clothing store. Since 2009 it became a fast food restaurant, but this had closed by September 2015.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater