No one has favorited this theater yet
Studio Kino (Official)
Firms: Hohnhold & Dethlefs
Previous Names: Lichtburg Theatre, Deutsche Lichtspiele, Deuli Kino
No theaters found within 30 miles
Located in the district of Altona Alstadt, in the west of the city. In 1929 a mirror factory was transformed into the Lichtburg Theatre by architectural firm Hohnhold & Dethlefs. It had a single screen, 475 seats with some in a balcony. It was operated by Rieber, Solscher, Kehlenbeck, Heinz Riech & Hans Peter Jansen. Over the years it underwent a couple of name changes Deutsche Lichtspiele and Deuli Lichtspiele.
In 1956 it was equipped with CinemaScope which featured a Klangfilm 1 channel sound system. In 1989 it was re-named Studio Kino and was twinned with 250 seats in the former orchestra and 135 seats in the former balcony. The Ernemann II projector was replaced with a Kineton FP 20 and Dolby SR stereo. The seating capacity today has been reduced to 142 and 72 and it is now equipped with digital projection and a Dolby 5.1 sound system. The Studio Kino is an arthouse cinema, but also screens mainstream films in their original versions, with German sub-titles. It is a member of the Europa Cinemas Group of arthouse cinemas.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.