No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the St. George district in the east of the city centre. The Atlantic Theater was opened in November 1910 and operated by Kabaret Tchillg Hiryan. The theatre had seats in orchestra and balcony levels. In 1920 it was operated by Capt. A. de Luyk & Hamburger Lischtspieil Erwerbgsellschaft took over. In 1930 the projectors were replaced by Ernemann VII B machines and Leo Forch operated the cinema. In the same year it was re-named Atlantik Theater. In 1931 a Klangfilm sound system was added.
In World War II the cinema was damaged, but was soon repaired and it re-opened in 1945, as only one in ten cinemas operating as public cinemas in the city at that time. In 1956 CinemaScope was installed with a Klangfilm single sound channel. In January 1972, the cinema was closed and demolished.
In 1974 a new cinema named Picadilly Kino was built on the same site (it has its own page on Cinema Treasures).
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater