Volksbuehne am Rudolfplatz
Aachener Strasse 5,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Lindenthal district in the centre of the city. The Millowitsch Theater opened as a live theatre on 16th October 1936 with a capacity of 474 seats in orchestra & balcony levels. It was designed in a Jugendstil style. It was operated by Peter Wilhelm Millowitsch and in 1940 his son Willy Millowitsch took over. He was also an actor and became very famous in Germany after World War II. The building was not badly damaged in World War II and re-opened on 19th October 1945 as a live performance theater. From 1948 to 1958 it also screened movies during the daytime and late at night, and was re-named Millowitsch Lichtspiele. In the evenings live performances took place. The screenings were operated by Adolph Pick and later in 1953 the Millowitsch family took over. At that time it was only used as a live theatre, and no movies were shown. Willy Millowitsch was born on 8th January 1909 and died on 20th September 1999. His son Peter Millowitsch took over the theatre management.
In 2015 the theatre was re-named Volksbuehne (Millowitsch) am Rudolphplatz. In 2019 the last live performance of the Millowitsch family took place. The 225 years tradition of (comedy) live performance of the Millowitsch family ended. The club Volksbuehne took over the theatre.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater