No one has favorited this theater yet
Built as a replacement to the original Alhambra Kino at this address which was destroyed by Allied bombs in 1944 (it has its own page on Cinema Treasures). The Alhambra Filmtheater was built and opened in 1951 by Rolf Theile. It was designed by Kassel based architect Paul Bode in a sweeping Art Moderne style, with seating for 982 in orchestra and balcony levels.
It was twinned in 1968 and in 198, it was converted ino a triple screen cinema with seating provided for 547 in the original orchestra section and 153 & 159 in the former balcony. In 1980 it was converted into a 4-screen cinema by dividing the former orchestra section into two screens seating 297 & 107, with the former balcony screens now seating 156 & 153.
It went over to screening art house films and was closed on 31st December 2000. It was demolished and a new 14-screen Alhambra multiplex was built on the site (it has its own page on Cinema Treasures).
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater